[sword-devel] ActiveDiatheke 1.2 question.html

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:25:52 -0600

Lynn Allan wrote:
> [sword-devel] ActiveDiatheke 1.2 questionHi Steve,
>
> I'm not sure of the status of the ActiveDiatheke app. It seemed "broken"
> back in October. I submitted a quasi-fix related to getting the code to
> compile because the parameters left out the new "range" argument. A sword
> maintainer cleaned up an error on my part, and it seemed to be fixed for a
> short time. The last time I checked, it was broken again.  I'm a little more
> versed on WinCVS. Looks like there were two fixes on the same day, 1.8 and
> 1.9.

You might try checking out a fresh copy of CVS.  There are no problems
with it currently.  I committed two sets of changes after you sumbitted
your patch.  The first basically did what your patch did.  The second
added better OSIS support and implemented search ranges.  The two
commits occured at 1:40 am and 3:13 am respectively on October 22, so
I'm a little dubious of the possibility that you updated in the
intervening hour and a half and something broke in that time.  Nothing
was "overwritten".

If it really is broken, I'll need some more clues about what's different
on your end, since it works for me.

> The ActiveDemo VB code depends on the ActiveDiatheke ocx. There was a window
> of time when it worked based on the fix above, but then was broken again
> last time I checked. I also submitted a TestActiveDiatheke that was a Visual
> C++ mfc dialog project using the OCX to fetch verses using COM. I don't
> think it was ever placed in CVS as
> ./examples/windoze/vc6/TestActiveDiatheke. If memory serves, it worked for a
> day or so, then was broken.

Yeah, I didn't feel like the C++ program served much purpose, and it
never worked for me.  VC++ users should just use Sword directly, rather
than via COM.  It's faster.  A lot faster.  I don't even know that it is
that appropriate to include ADDemo, but it will at least confirm whether
ActiveDiatheke is working.

--Chris