[sword-devel] Any Palm development in-progress

Lynn Allan sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 10:43:29 -0700

[sword-devel] Any Palm development in-progress?>> Not really.  We've thought
about/wanted a Palm port, but haven't got one
>> yet.  Troy was working on it a bit in the last year sometime.  Mostly
>> we're happy with PalmBible+ and want to cooperate with them since
>> they've got a working application, a strong community, and active
>> developers to maintain the program.

Hi Chris et'al,

Thanks for the pointer to PalmBiblePlus.

23 Joy comes to a man with the reply of his mouth. How good is a word at the
right time! Prov 15:23 WEB

Looks they are active on SourceForge. I used CodeWarrior and cgywin to put
together one-way sync'ed applications in Palm 2.0+ (and Pocket-PC) for the
InVerse Scripture memorization freeware, so might be able to contribute
there.  I'll look over their forums and probably disappear from Sword for a
while. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and best wishes for rel 1.6 and for
continued success with The SWORD Project.

When the dust settles, it seems like the radically simplified "experimental
plug-in subset" of the sword-api might be small enough and fast enough to be
useful on an older 33mhz dragonball Palm o/s 2.0 device.

I'd appreciate input from anyone on this list about their experiences with
the PalmBiblePlus project.

Sharing the reason for the season,
http://learningcards.eeworks.org/EeCard01.html

Lynn A.