[sword-devel] The Bible Tool - passagestudy range

Lynn Allan sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:52:06 -0700

> Could we tweak the way passagestudy displays a range of verses?

As you are probably aware, the diatheke console program written by Chris
Little does some AMAZING things with parsing user input. Well Done!

As an "old newbie" (if that makes sense) coming up on my 35th high school
reunion, I admit to having had trouble following the sophisticated code.
People who can coherently hold up their end of a conversation past 8:00 p.m.
should not have the problems I did :-)

It does some AMAZING things. It can parse about anything you can throw at
it.
Matt 5:3-6:10 ; Luke 10:1-99 ; Malachi 4:1-Matt 5:4 ; Malachi 3:1-99

The above builds a ListKey object with the above verses. It can even
"normalize" to span from Malachi to Matthew (see end of line above). Were
you aware that Malachi 4:7 and Matthew 1:1 were, in some sense, the same?

Depending on the state of the CVS .bpr's and .dsp's, it can be built with
VisualStudio-98 and CBuilder.

Sharing the reason for the season,
http://learningcards.eeworks.org/EeCard01.html

Lynn