[sword-devel] New Windows SWORD GUI

Lynn Allan sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 15:56:52 -0700

> One of the features for our new bible software is the possibility to
> execute a command from the command prompt of Linux or Windows, like for
> example "Bible.exe -p Mat.1" prints Matthew 1 on the screen (just plain
> text output on the screen, which can be scrolled in by piping the output

Hi Simon,

There is an existing command line program that is similar to what I believe
you are describing:
apps/console/diatheke

It does some AMAZING things. It can parse about anything you can throw at
it.
Matt 5:3-6:10 ; Eph 2:8-Eph2:10 ; Luke 10:1-99 ; Malachi 4:1-Matt 5:4 ;
Malachi 3:1-99

The above builds a ListKey object with the above verses. It can even
"normalize" to span from Malachi to Matthew (see end of line above)

Depending on the state of the CVS .bpr's and .dsp's, it can be built with
VisualStudio-98 and CBuilder.

There are also a set of relatively simple test programs in sword/tests. They
demonstrate a single function, like filtering.

HTH,
Lynn Allan