[sword-devel] New Windows SWORD GUI

Hugo van der Kooij sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 23:02:28 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Chris Little wrote:

> Also, ANY use of Sword Project code within other programs requires that
> those programs be licensed under the GPL.  That includes programs that
> just interface Sword through a DLL.

I was under the impression that LGPL was design to tackle the GPL sticky
bit as in that one may interface with LGPL libraries without the code
becoming GPL infected.

Including code itself however makes the GPL license stick to any offspring
without any reservation.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.