[sword-devel] LcdBible alpha 0.60a prototype available

Martin Gruner sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 20:45:18 +0100

Hi Lynn,

I can only comment on the "frontend" issue, since I am no license expert.

There is no such thing as official "frontend" status. You don't have to apply
anywhere.
Any program that uses the Sword programming library to access the texts
provided by the Crosswire Bible Society (and/or others) would be a Sword
frontend in my interpretation.

Afaict, your program does (for size and speed) reasons not use the sword
programming library, but accesses the texts itself. That is simply why I
would not call your program a Sword frontend. Once the data format of sword
modules changes, you'll need to change your code as well, which is not
necessary for Sword frontends.

Martin