[sword-devel] step reader

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 12:16:14 -0700

Billy Earney,
	I don't believe it would be a violation of the copyright laws.  STEP is
a published standard so that software can be written to read this
format.  Our limited step utilities that you have already mentioned were
written before we had General Book Support (GBS in our engine), so they
all are geared toward book/chapter/verse documents-- Bibles and special
Commentaries.

	It really should be a straight forward task to create a step2imp
utility (imp is our basic:

$$$KEY
text for this entry

format.  Then use imp2gbs to import such.  A book uses '/' to divide
subsections. e.g.

$$$Introduction
This is the introduction

$$$Section 1/Topic 1
This is the first topic in section 1 of this book

$$$Section 1/Topic 1/Point 1
My first point is...

I think it would be very valuable if someone picked up on where we left
off with these utilities.  It would give us another avenue to allow
people to use copyrighted material.

	-Troy.