[sword-devel] Sword Browser link

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:35:11 -0700

Pham, Khoi wrote:
> I am writing commentaries for the Vietnamese New Testament now. If we
> can link to Gen Book from Browser, do we have a way to link to a Gen
> Book from a commentary?

As I said, we cannot like to a GenBook from a browser currently.  Nor
can we link from a commentary to a GenBook.

That said, there are reference schems described by OSIS that we will
eventually implement.  These schemes need to be examined, however, in my
opinion, before they can be applied to non-Bibles.  Everything in OSIS
was designed with encoding Bibles as the primary objective.  We're
meeting in a couple weeks to discuss how other types of work should be
encoded.

But once again, there does not currently exist any way to link to
anything other than a verse reference or a dictionary entry in Sword,
and neither of those will link to a specific version.  If you want this
feature may I suggest that you:

a) implement it yourself
or b) beg someone else to implement it

--Chris