[sword-devel] Copyright/Locked modules

Mike R sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 16:21:23 -0500

On Tuesday 29 April 2003 03:02 pm, Simon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today I got permission from NavPress to Publish the Message on my
> website www.scripture.nl. Without any fees.
>
> BUT, where can I find a Sword module with The Message (it has been with
> the Beta-modules, but is gone now)?

I'm not sure that a module was ever made...

I looked into making one a few months ago and found that I would have to do
much of the preparation to make the text file into a module manually, and
hence got bored :-/

Anyway, I do have a plain-text copy of The Message if anyone wants me to send
it to them so they can work on creating a module; perhaps there's a way to
automate it that I didn't see.  The major problem seemed to be that The
Message uses numbers (such as 7), rather than writing out the numerials
(seven).  The text file marks the chapters using numbers.  Hence my scripts
got the numbers in the biblical text confused with the numbers marking
chapters.  Not cool...hehe.

Peace,
-Mike

--
If your ship never comes in, if your dream never comes true, if the situation
never changes, could you be happy?  If not, then you are sleeping in the cold