[sword-devel] Interested in?

David Trotz sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:06:55 -0700

> No offense meant, but I believe that a hypothetical thing like
> a "walk-through" for the ark is utterly useless :} unless you
> intend to make the Bible meerly a work of art & entertainment.
> The factual knowledge about both the temple or the ark is zilch,
> and the benefit of gaining any knowledge from the walk ...

Zilch is a pretty strong word here... We actually have a lot of information
about these items. The Bible has done a great job of explaining to use the
sizes of items and the decorations and materials used to build them. We not
have an exact representation of how these items looked but we can get a good
idea from the descriptions what they might have looked like, and most
importantly, the key features God wanted us to know to this day, we can be
confident were recorded in the Bible. So I believe that a 3D model of the
temple or the Ark would be meaningful to us if just to give us a sense of
awe about them. Whether such a model belongs in Sword is another topic but
to state that a walk through is useless unless we reduce the Bible to
entertainment value is in my opinion a bad call.