[sword-devel] Interested in? Graphics

Victor Porton sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 22:42:49 +0600 (YEKST)

On 22-Apr-2003 Martin Gruner wrote:
> frontends might choose different display widgets. Still, it would be cool
> have a map/graphics processing feature in sword that would provide the
> data
> to be displayed to the frontends! Maps would be an awesome feature.

IMO, it should be done by porting Xpdf code to non-X11 systems. (We can
port Xpdf's engine to Windows etc. and then use it as rendering engine. By
the way we can make Xpdf port which is a useful deal by itself.)

Hmmm... may be instead some scientific plotting software... But how we will
convert PS/PDF to its format. So, I think we need to render PDF.

Hm... there are Acrobat reader embedded in Web browsers. Can we also embed
it in our apps?

Or GhostScript? It is (as well as Acrobat Reader) much slow.

--
Victor Porton (porton@ex-code.com)