[sword-devel] apocrypha.h

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 12:15:37 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Barry Drake wrote:

> My personal preference is to move asap towards multiple versification
> support.

This might be Troy's idea of the first step towards that.  Maybe he'll
chime in on that topic.  Or maybe he doesn't know yet either. :)

> I really want to be able to see the LXX in its complete version (not the
> cut-down one we have now), and to be able to have full access to bibles
> such as the Vulgate, the Douai and the NJB.  The LXX split into Hebrew
> canon and apocrypha would be something of a nonsense to me.

Which LXX is that though?  Rahlf's, which itself has two versions each of
Joshua, Judges, Tobit, Susanna, Daniel, and Bel & the Dragon?  Bibles with
multiple books of the same name pose an additional problem that might need
consideration, unless we do something like LXX and LXX2.  (The Vulgate,
with two versions of the Psalms, and the NRSVA, with two versions of
Esther, also present this challenge.)

--Chris