[sword-devel] Re: permission refusals

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 12:59:29 +0100

Hi there ........

On 20 Apr 2003 at 20:42, Chris Little wrote:
> I don't know the specific circumstances of many of the requests, but there
> are many reasons why we might receive a refusal, including:

In the case of the TEV/CEV, I seem to remember that ABS were perfectly
willing to grant a licence - but the Sword Project would have needed to
have a means of accepting payment for the modules.  As we are not able to
offer this service, we had to decline.

I had hoped at some stage that one of the people involved with the Sword
Project might offer to set up a (not-for-profit?) venture that operated
separately from the project, selling locked modules and buying licences - I
guess that's going to be the only way in which modules such as TEV, CEV and
NIV will ever find their way out into the world.  None of the copyright
holders seem to have a means of accepting payment (at least none of the
ones I've been in touch with).

How's about it?

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed
church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church
homepages).

Replies - b.drake@ntlworld.com