[sword-devel] wxWindows Sword Viewer

Jason Turner sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:14:23 -0600

I would like to give another update to the work that I have been doing.

A new screenshot is available at:

http://osdn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/christiangame/screenshot2.png

Troy was kind enough to set me up with a mailing list, any development
messages will take place there from now on.

The screenshot shows Unicode working on WindowsNT. Currently, I have:

*Basic viewing of all module types including calendar drop down for daily
devotional and treeview of general books.
*All standard Tab functionality (detach, remove, new, etc)
*The ability to open multiple windows
*Unicode viewing on Window9X, NT (and probably others) as well as GTK
*Any window can be dynamically split into up to 4 subpanes.

I have used icons from bibletime, as suggested (thanks!) and am currently
using other icons from KDE, possibly just as a place holder.

I am still working very fast on this, but anyone who is interested is welcome
to join me. Since I want this to all fit on a business card sized cd, I'm
going to need a lot of help deciding which modules to include (and making
sure said modules are zmods). I have no idea how to pick from the many
english books, let alone non-english. That discussion can be moved to the new
mailing list for anyone who is interested.

I hope to put up a windows snapshot release in the next couple of days.

-Jason