[sword-devel] sword namespace

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 11:38:40 +0100

Hi,
Does anyone strongly object to me putting the sword stuff into a 'sword'
namespace?

This will make naming conflicts (remember gettext?) a lot harder - I'm
hoping that any terms used in install manager stuff will be globally unique
but you never know and better safe than sorry. It will mean that you will
explicitly have to use classes as sword::SWMgr or else declare 'using
namespace sword;' at the top of each source file to pull in the whole
visible namespace or 'using sword::SWMgr;' for that particular
class/whatever. (the latter is preferable in most circumstance)

that ok?
Daniel