[sword-devel] More simple questions

Will Thimbleby sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:23:47 +0100

Back again for some more answers ;-)

Firstly how do you work out what books you have for a particular module?
At the moment I use:

while (!module->Key().Error())
{
	currentKey = (VerseKey *)&module->Key();

	//store currentKey->getBookName()

	currentKey->Book( currentKey->Book() + 1 );
}

But this seems to get all the books after a legal book aswell. It works
for just NTs but if you have a OT then it also gives all the books in
the NT.

Secondly;
I'm using HTMLHREF to get all my data from sword, however I'm having
trouble dealing with inconsitencies in referencing. For instance KJV
strongs are like "#H07225" or "#G976" in LXX "#G125" in Thayer
"type=Strongs value=G5443". Morph tags in LXX "MVAI AAI3S" or "P".

Are there a standard few ways of referencing? Do I have to modify my own
gbfhtmlhref and others  to fix this?

Cheers, Will