[sword-devel] Here's Our Chance: Copyright Negotations

Matthew Donadio sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 18:52:47 -0400

Please forgive me if this has been discussed before, but I had an idea
today.

About some locked modules:
-- You can purchase the NIV, NRSV, NKJV, NASB77, and NASB95 for the
Online Bible, either through its website or the AiG storefront.
-- The ALT, LITV, and MKJV are locked in Sword, but are free in e-Sword.
-- Printed copies of the ESV come with a CD that contains the ESV text
and some notes.
-- The ESV, NRSV, NKJV, and NASB95 are available for sale for the
OliveTree handheld reader, and the MKJV is free.

Could we allow users to purchase one of these formats, and make it easy
for them to convert the text into Sword Modules?

--
Matthew Donadio (m.p.donadio@ieee.org)