[sword-devel] Here's Our Chance: Copyright Negotations

Dan Bertles sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:34:07 -0700

I strongly recommend that we not get into the ordeal of handling money nor
distributing texts for sale.  This is not a moral issue (at least I don't want
to go there again), but a shear matter of focus.  The Sword Project should stick
with software development.  We can offer to create a module that they can
distribute or offer an encrypted module that others can pay them directly to get
the encryption code.  Other than that, I feel we are asking for trouble in
getting into the rest.

My 2 cents only!

Dan