[sword-devel] commited individual

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 18:43:01 +0100

On 16 Sep 2002 at 16:37, Troy A. Griffitts sent forth the message:

> Hey guys.
>
> We still need a few commited individuals that have a few hours to do a
> couple remaining tasks.
>
> I. LOCALE SUPPORT.  Many of our locales haven't been updated to reflect
> the latest string list.  If you are a non-English native language
> speaker, please consider emailing the list your commitment to translate
> a few english strings to your native tongue.
>
> II. Color scheme support:  It seems with the new Search and Popup
> catagories of color/font schemes, we have a few problems.  The current
> default scheme provided do not include information for these categories.
>   If you might have time to look at picking colors for these categories
> and including entries for them in the scheme's .conf file, and emailing
> those to the list, I will be sure to include your updated version in the
> final release.
>
> IIb.  It also seems that font and colors are not defaulting well.  If
> you have Borland C++ Builder and would like to look at why sometimes
> popup windows and search results do not used a defaulted font that
> should be able to display properly, please send an email with stating
> that you are willing to look into it.  CLUE, it's probably somewhere in:
> TRxRichEditX::getDisplayPrefs method

I've squished a very minor bug where currentVSColor was set to entryKeyColor by mistake but
that doesn't affect fonts.

Firstly can someone please volunteer to make details of exactly what the bug is please - what
happens in what conditions and post it to the list.

> III.  InstallMgr is in an uncompilable state.  We started to move
> installmgr to libcurl.  It compiles, I guess, but a small section of
> code that does the file transfers is commented out and there is an
> example of a curl call (that only downloads the latest version of the
> curl library :) ) in its place.  If someone is willing to roll back
> these changes and compile a good version of installmgr against the
> latest sword libs, this would be great.  It shouldn't take much time
> looking at the cvs log for the installmgr files to see when the changes
> were made.  If anyone can, instead, finish the curl code, this would be
> a plus, and would probably get migrated into the core api eventually.
> Again, please post your commitment to this task to the list.

I don't have Borland C++ Builder myself so I can't compile it but if someone that has it (apart
from Troy!) wants I can help with reverting the code (at this stage of release that is the best
idea).

> 	Thanks guys.  Hoping to get these things finished within the next few
> days for a great release.

Thanks Troy, great work so far, this is the best looking release yet, you need a break!

Regards,
Daniel