[sword-devel] BibleCS 1.5.4rc5

Matthew Donadio sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 12:28:39 -0400

"Troy A. Griffitts" wrote:
> RC5 is out and should be what makes it on the CD Tuesday to the press.
> Please let me know if there is anything that warrants a new build,
> otherwise, we're DONE!

Troy,

I am still seeing the following, but I don't know if you consider them
show stoppers.

--
Matthew Donadio (m.p.donadio@ieee.org)

OK, I am running Win95b.  My screen is in 1280x1024 in 24 bit mode.  I
have 1.5.4-rc3 open in full screen mode.  KJV is selected as well as
thebeta BDB.  Verse is set to Ge 1:1.  I put the mouse pointer over
<04725> in Ge 1:9.  The dictionary popup displays, but the bottom shows
triangles because it is a long entry.  I move the mouse away, and there
is a black line left from the bottom of the window.  I did some more
testing, and I get incomplete screen redraws for all long dictionary
entries.  A minimize followed by an open will fully repaint the window.

I installed the N27U4 beta module from sword.cx.  The module displays
correctly, including characters with accents and/or breathing marks.
The verse popup in commentaries shows characters with accents and/or
breathing marks as ?.

This also has to do with verse popups.  For example, I select 1 John 1:1
and Wesley for the commentary.  There is a verse link for 1 John 1:4.
If I move the mouse over the link slowly from the left, I will get  the
verse popup.  If I do it from the right, I will get the dictionary
lookup for 0014.  I can make it do this every time.  It happens with
different combinations of texts, dictionaries, and commentaries.

I have Code2000 installed, and Hebrew modules, like BHS display
correctly.  I do not see Hebrew characters in verse popups, dictionary
lookup, and dictionary popups.