[sword-devel] Possible Solution to copyright problems

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 08:51:13 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Don A. Elbourne Jr. wrote:

> because they are low-down
> money-grubbing, good-for-nothing, miserly evil hordes bent on sucking as
> much filthy lucre out of the poor Christian community as they possibly can.

Amen brother!

> (in case you need a hint, that last phrase was sarcasm)

Oh, nm. :)  Still... you get bonus points for using lucre in a sentence.

This is pretty much correct.  We've only asked to distribute Bibles for
free except in a couple of cases.  In those cases we proposed that the
Bible society in question handle all the financial matters.  We haven't
really approached anyone asking to distribute works for a price ourselves.

Part of the problem is we don't have too much motivation to do so.  It's
not the highest priority of those of us involved to get more copyrighted
Bibles out there and help line the pockets of the Evil Hordes(TM).  I
think most of us just want to write software--but in a way that doesn't
preclude sales... eventually.

--Chris