[sword-devel] Is sword going non-gpl or proprietory?

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 09 Sep 2002 08:25:57 +0100

Hi there ......

On 8 Sep 2002 at 22:28, David Burry wrote:
> Also if someone invents a way to legally distribute the keys and pay
> royalties, that would be another way that would gain a lot of trust.

It's been suggested - and agreed, I seem to remember - that there's no
reason why the copyright holder should not be allowed to hold and distibute
the key for a reasonable copyright key.  The locked module concerned could
eithre reside at the publisher's site or at the Sword site.

I don't think that any copyright holder is suspicious of Sword because of
very restricted in-house testing.  It is more likely that they are
suspicious because they have been harangued by those among us who don't
think a labourer should be allowed his hire - and say so in a very
outspoken way on this list!

God bless,

Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd)
minister of the Arnold and the Netherfield United Reformed Churches,
Nottingham
see http://www.arnold-urc.supanet.com and
http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk
for our church homepages).