[sword-devel] Is sword going non-gpl or proprietory?

Sun, 08 Sep 2002 19:40:30 -0700

Never fear,
	The PURPOSE of CrossWire is to release free opensource code.  A non-GPL
license issued to a publisher or Bible Society, as an exception, would
allow them to encorporate pieces of the project into their software
without making their software GPL.  These are the types of things that
we cannot do currently if we rely upon other pieces of code (like our
regex implementation) that don't allow this.