[sword-devel] Diatheke

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 16:29:45 -0700 (MST)

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, Daniel Adams wrote:

> 	I might have mentioned some interests in the Diatheke part of
> the Sword project, but since I have been unable to get some ideas on my
> own and since school has once again started up, I am occupied with most
> of my time with other stuff including other help relating to the Sword
> project. I was going to ask, since at the current moment, it does not
> look as if it is currently possible. Is there any current or soon to be
> support for the GenBook modules, I have some that I would be interested
> in brining up in Diatheke.

Possibly soon.

I've got a couple of patches from people that I need to integrate, which
should fix some of the bugs in searching at least.  I'm not sure how
GenBook support would work with Diatheke.  Can you suggest an interface?

I could require users to supply full treekeys like "/1Enoch/4/5" but that
seems a bit un-user-friendly.  The other option might be to generate some
kind of tree for the user, but that would be a great deal more work to
implement in an HTML-friendly way.

--Chris