[sword-devel] _Interface_ through Java

Nikolay Igotti sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 16:59:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 porton@narod.ru wrote:
> I think, it would be much faster (for computer) to call C++ code (not sure
> whether Java is able to call C++ directly, but we have raw C API) from Java.
 JNI is C/C++ API, from glueng code you could call C++, but native
function have to have C linkage type.

> This is especially useful for embedding Sword in HTML/XML files as JavaScript
> can call Java functions.
 Only with proper browser support (dunno if something else but Netscape 7
have good enough support for LiveConnect). Still it's nice to have.

Disclaimer: I'm not related to JSword project :), just have enough
experience with JNI and LiveConnect

 Nikolay.