[sword-devel] Three Possible 1.5.4-rc2a Bugs

Matthew Donadio sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 03 Sep 2002 21:03:01 -0400

Everyone,

I saw a few problems today that may be possible bugs in 1.5.4-rc2a

1)  I installed the N27U4 beta module from sword.cx.  The module
displays correctly, including characters with accents and/or breathing
marks.  The verse popup in commentaries shows characters with accents
and/or breathing marks as ?.

2)  If my computer has been running for a while (like at the end of the
work day), then Greek modules do not always display correctly.  This
happens with modules based on normal fonts like Byz, IGNT, and TR, and
those based on Unicode fonts like N27U4.  The font is correct, but the
mapping is wrong.  I don't know much about how Windows fonts work, but
it seems like upper bits in the character index (is that the right
term?) are being masked off.  A reboot always fixes this problem.

3)  This is very sporadic, but Strong's defintions occasionally will
popup instead of a verse reference for commentaries.  I only saw this
happen in the new beta RWP module, but I am going to experiment some
more.

I am running Win95b if it matters.

--
Matthew Donadio (m.p.donadio@ieee.org)