[sword-devel] Module File Formats

Jimmie Houchin sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 03 Sep 2002 15:47:57 -0500

Hello,

I don't know if this helps or if you already found what you, but I
noticed no reply. I was looking for similar information last week and
was waiting to see what kind of replies you received. Here is what I
learned from a little browsing.

The *.conf files show the file encoding format.
Example, the kjv.conf has a line which reads
SourceType=GBF

I don't know what all formats their are but here are a few links.
GBF   http://www.ebible.org/bible/gbf.htm
ThML  http://www.ccel.org/ThML/
OSIS  http://www.bibletechnologies.net/

module.conf
http://sword.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Swordapi/ConfFileLayout

I can't speak as to *.vss it looks like binary to me. ;)
So it may not be necessary for you as you would probably implement its
functionality within your own tools?
And I haven't seen the NIV as it is locked.

Hope this helps. This is the starting point I am taking for my project.

Jimmie Houchin