[sword-devel] GenBook Creation

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 08:41:18 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Don A. Elbourne Jr. wrote:

Just catching what wasn't otherwise answered...

> 2. Is the best way to create links to use the ThML syntax <scripRef
> passage="John 3:16">John 3:16</scripRef> or is there a better way. This way
> results in a link that must be right clicked for a context menu to pop out.

Yes.  In this case just <scripRef>John 3:16</scripRef> would suffice.
OSIS should be posted in a day or so (or less) so you could be REALLY
cutting edge and use <reference osisRef="John.3.16">John 3:16</reference>.
:)  You could use OSIS references for linking to non-scripture materials
in a canonical manner also.  And <a> tags are supported by both ThML &
OSIS (though probably not by BibleCS) to link with URIs.

> things such as <li><blockquote> and others do not. Is there a way to get all
> HTML to work? If not, what tags may be used?

No. It's a failing of our HTML to RTF filter.  I don't have a list of what
works, but you could read the HTMLRTF file.  :)  Anything we mention in
that should work.

--Chris