[sword-devel] Doctrinal Statement

Danny Freedman sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 07:17:11 +0100 (BST)

Actually, if the Sword Project only included the NTs
without the respective OTs, I would not be offended...

I do realise that this is a christian project, and I
realise that there are elements of doctrine in the NT.
 However, it is not the place of the Sword Project to
dictate how people should utilise the software, nor
should it dictate which software should be
disallowed...

Just BTW, the Sword Project is the only one of its
kind anywhere in the world, even leading software
bible programs do not have the diversity in Sword...
Don't spoil it with limitations based on doctrine...we
have enough limitations as a result of copyright.

In fact, I do not know of a single online program that
shows both the Arabic and English form of the Qu'ran
as well as the Smith van dyke Arabic Bible...in
Arabic...

While Sword's main focus is christian, the very fact
that christians interact with muslims, that christians
speak arabic, means that such works should be
provided, under the appropriate heading...  And that
doesn't mean every person would ever download such a
module.

That makes my 2 cents into 4 cents....

DF