[sword-devel] Re: BibleCS 1.4.5rc2 bug Flickering results in search

Ed Sylvis sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 19:57:14 -0700

On Monday 02 September 2002 07:09 pm, Jerry Hastings wrote:
> Anyway, try this. find two verses that have no entries. Make an entry in
> each that says, test test test. Start with the size 12. Save the entries
> and do a phrase search for, test test test. It should display OK. Now edit
> the first entry (first by verse order). Highlight, test test test, and then
> select font size 14. Save the entry and do another search. I will probably
> flash.
>
> Anyone else want to verify this?
>
> Jerry

This is indeed a very strange bug. The test above reveals the same problem on
my XP box. Furthermore, since I have different font sizes throughout my
personal commentary, any search in the commentary module that has more than
one reference return but with differing font sizes within the commentary
entry causes the verse references to flicker. Certainly a minor bug, but a
bug nonetheless.

-Ed