[sword-devel] American Bible Society

Bill Mitchell sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 07:37:29 -0700

I find the phrase a little unsettling honestly. While I think Sword is and
should be ecumenical I also think that a certain amount of doctrine is
required simply to define what content is considered spurious but useful for
reference (i.e. BoM, Emphatic Diaglott etc.). Sword has great potential to
be an evangelizing tool and with evangelizing comes the necessity of
doctrine.

In Christ,

Bill Mitchell
Phoenix, AZ

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org
[mailto:owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org]On Behalf Of Barry Drake
Sent: Sunday, September 01, 2002 12:07 AM
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: [sword-devel] American Bible Society

Hi there .....

Thanks for letting me know about ABS for the CEV bible.  While on the ABS
website getting a contact e-mail address, I spotted this among their aims:
"Producing materials that avoid endorsing or advocating any doctrinal
positions."  I quite like that phrase.  Maybe we could adopt it for Sword?

God bless,

Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Arnold and the Netherfield
United Reformed Churches, Nottingham see http://www.arnold-urc.supanet.com
and http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake@ntlworld.com