[sword-devel] Re: your UNV question (fwd)

Steve Tang sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 05:55:23 -0700 (MST)

I've just made a compressed module of a "Chinese Union Version with
Strong's numbers" and got a prompt reply email from the copyright owner,
allowing us public release. He only wished that we note clearly that the
original (the Strong's number part) needs further proof-reading.

So who is willing and know how to make this 'official'? How do I post this
module up for testing?

For those who are interested. Our Chinese translation - chigu - is
commonly known as 'Chinese Union Version'. Its electronic version has been
offered for free for a long time and is the most widely used translation
among Evangelical Chinese Christians, though most people buy paper copies.

As far as I know chigu is the same translation and I've verified, by my
Perl script, that the Chinese text part of the new module I just made is
very accurate.

Steve Tang...