[sword-devel] unresolved symbol after upgrade

Willem van Engen sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:08:00 +0100

Hello,

I upgraded sword from 1.5.3 to 1.5.5. Then I tried to run gnomesword,
dynamically with the 1.5.3 library. It fails with this error:

  /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Undefined symbol
  "_9LocaleMgr$systemLocaleMgr" referenced from COPY relocation in
  gnomesword

(on a freebsd box). I remember unresolved symbols appearing at past
upgrades. Does it mean that I really have to recompile all applications
linked with sword, when it's upgraded? Or is there a solution to this?

Greetings,
- Willem

btw. thanks for making sword compile with gcc3.2! I don't use gcc3 yet,
but it's needed for freebsd-current which uses gcc3.2 by default.