[sword-devel] Fonts?

Joel Mawhorter sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:48:51 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Patrick,

The Greek texts are encoded in UTF-8 and it looks like that is what you
are displaying in the screenshot. You will need to either use a display widget
that can translate UTF-8 to its native encoding or do the translation
yourself. You will also have this problem with many of the other
non-English texts. If your display widget can display UTF-16 then that is
good because UTF-8 -> UTF-16 is very easy. If Apple's APIs don't have
something to do that, you can check out the free code at
www.unicode.org for UTF translation.

Joel