[sword-devel] MozSword

Don A. Elbourne Jr. sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:06:16 -0500

As requested, I put together a small XUL application for demonstration
purposes. You can download it at:
http://elbourne.org/sword/mozsword.zip

Open the index.htm file with Mozilla and then use the button to spawn the
MozSword application. It is important for me to point out that the demo does
not interact with Sword at all, yet. The Bible translations in the tabbed
area are simply static HTML pages, but the switching between them is
accomplished with XUL.

You can play with the menu items, but most of them do not actually do
anything. Under File I have some place holding pop-ups. The Home and Exit
are the only two that work. Two of the items under Help do something too.
The View menu is just to show how different types of toggles can work. The
Bookmarks are statically hard coded into the XUL file right now, but to
generate them with an RDF XML file looks trivial.

If anyone else is interested in this, please jump in. The big hurdle I see
is getting XUL to talk to Sword. I am guessing that XPCOM is the way to do
this, but I'm not sure.

by grace alone,

Don A. Elbourne Jr.
http://elbourne.org