[sword-devel] Locale abbrev "gsw" for modules?

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 13:46:17 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Joachim Ansorg wrote:

> Chris,
> where is the locale code gsw defined? I can't find it in ISO639-1 or ISO639-2.
> I'm implementing better support for fonts and module languages in BibleTime,
> I'd be glad for some hints where you got all your locale definitions.

Preference order for locale codes are:

ISO 639-1
ISO 639-2
Ethnologue (http://www.ethnologue.org/)

We intend to always follow OSIS locale conventions, which state that
Ethnologue codes will be encoded in the format x-E-??? where ???
represents the 3-letter Ethnologue code in capital letters (though
capitalization really doesn't matter here).

Some older modules maintain a former format for Ethnolgoue codes of
xx-???, including the AleWiesler module.

--Chris