[sword-devel] KJV2003 - Guidelines

Mon, 18 Nov 2002 23:37:02 -0700

Keith,
	Perfect!  Mark 1:1-2 look exactly correct.  Thanks for taking the time
to check in.  Regarding your question about the article, below.
I'm not quite exactly sure what you are asking.  I tried to give
examples in the guideline that represent what I initially thought you
were asking, but after thinking about it more, I'm not sure I understand
your question.  I'll try to answer both things that I think you might be
asking.

In the Greek, if there is no article, typically this means that the noun
is indefinite, and is translated into English as such, with the
indefinite 'a' article.  e.g..

OIKOS (a house)  as opposed to hO OIKOS (the house).  And yes, 'a house'
should be included in the greek tag.

In the Greek, if there is no article, but the English includes a
DEFINITE article-- OIKOS (the house)--  the definite 'the' article
should still be included in the Greek tag.  This was a translator
decision and, though we may disagree, it is only our job to record their
translation of the Greek text.

I hope one of these 2 answers your question.

	-Troy.