[sword-devel] Copyright issues

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 09 Nov 2002 18:06:20 -0000

Hi there .......

I just took the following from some advertising stuff that I received:

New International Version or New International Reader's Version (NIV or
NIrV).

Permission requests for commercial use within the UK, EEC, and EFTA
countries must be directed to, and approved in writing, by Hodder &
Stoughton Publishers, 338 Euston Road, London NW1 3BH, England.
Permission requests for commercial use within the US and Canada must be
directed to, and approved in writing, by Zondervan Publishing House.

Permission requests for non-commercial use must be directed to, and
approved in writing by, the International Bible Society, 1820 Jet Stream
Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80921-3696, USA.

I've only ever heard Zondervan mentioned on this list with regard to the
NIV - it seems we ought to be in touch with the IBS.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Arnold and the Netherfield
United Reformed Churches, Nottingham see http://www.arnold-urc.supanet.com
and http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake@ntlworld.com