[sword-devel] supporting the deuterocanon

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 05 Nov 2002 10:24:28 -0800

I can understand not wanting to have several people going in several different
directions. Having some people working on creating Deuterocanonical Books as
General books while others tackle the issue of including support for
Deuterocanonicals as Bible Modules wouldn't be the best use of time/effort.
So, what are the prospects, then, of integrating as Bible Modules, and how
soon could it be accomplished? There is a renewed interest in the Septuagint
and also in the Deuterocanonicals. The New Living Translation has just been
released in a Catholic Edition that includes these books. Also, the Third
Millenium Bible contains these, from the original 1611 King James which also
included them. ( I recently contacted the Publisher of the TMB, requesting
that they make the TMB available for the Sword Project. I received a response
from the dealer advising that they were looking to include the translation
with Bible Software and that they would look into the Sword Project as a
possibility). Also, there are two projects underway to make new translations
of the LXX into english. One at www.lxx.org and another, I believe, called the
NETS (New English Translation of the Seputagint).

-- Will