[sword-devel] Compile using gcc/win32?

Jonathan E. Brickman sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 17:20:40 -0600

I would like to be able to compile a Win32 application of SWORD using
one of the Win32 variants of GCC, either Cygwin or MingW32, very
possibly Dev-C++. Anyone doing this? I know Dev-C++ has a GUI resource
builder, but I don't know if it's compatible with any of the packages
SWORD source is now set up for.

The reason is twofold: one, gcc is free, and the others are not; two,
and more vitally, with gcc I can compile with optimizations for recent
CPUs. I would like to see SWORD run at better speed on faster systems.

--
Jonathan E. Brickman    http://joshuacorps.org
Live forever.  If you don't know how, or aren't sure,