[sword-devel] A Call For Testers (b)

Nichols, Lester sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 24 May 2002 08:46:56 -0700

I also tried the link and was unable to access the download.

Lester Nichols
"Embrace the Virtual Mindshare"
Network Engineer/Database Administrator/Programmer
wk: 626.974.1290 fx: 626.974.1287
nicholsl@computer.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Tang [mailto:ctang@nyx.net]
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 4:30 AM
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] A Call For Testers (b)

I had trouble downloading

http://www.crosswire.org/sword/ALPHAcckswwlkrfre22034820285912/alpha/Sword_1
.5.3_test_b.zip

Anybody found it?

Steve Tang...

On Thu, 23 May 2002, David Trotz wrote:

> Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 10:25:45 -0700
> From: David Trotz <dtrotzjr@arilion.com>
> To: sword-devel@crosswire.org
> Subject: [sword-devel] A Call For Testers (b)
>
> Troy and I have been hard at work fixing the big bugs in the latest
release of BibleCS. I have posted a new build that reflects our changes as
of last night. Please use it, and test it and give us your feedback. We are
not adding new features at the moment but just cleaning up the interface and
making it work right, so please consider that in your feedback. And remember
your feedback is very crucial to getting a release out that we can be proud
of.

http://www.crosswire.org/sword/ALPHAcckswwlkrfre22034820285912/alpha/Sword_1
.5.3_test_b.zip

> Some things fixed:
> 1) The current verse autoscrolls to the correct location now (except in
very extreme cases that the end user will probably never do) ;)
> 2) General books are delay loaded and do not load until the tab is clicked
on. This reduces load times significantly when large books are installed on
the machine.
> 3) The Search list of verses now allows for the up down key to navigate
the verses in the list (somehow we never had this before)
> 4) When selecting a scheme, if the current settings match a scheme's
settings that scheme name will show in the pulldown box as the current
scheme
> 5) The back button works for book support too. (Sorta)
> 6) Refreshing the bible pane using the up down verse buttons was slow and
revealed some rtf codes for a moment then refreshed and refreshed again
making going from verse to verse very slow and annoying. This is now fixed
too.

> What's left:
> 1) The run from CD ROM still needs fixing.
> 2) Hopefully make the scheme changes take place as soon as the user clicks
ok.
> 3) Searching has some issues concerning UTF-8
>
> If I left anything out please let me know. We are moving forward rapidly
to have a release hopefully early next week. My hopes are for Monday
afternoon, Lord Willing.

> In Christ
> David Trotz
>

> ---

Steve Tang...

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If
delivery of the message to such person), you may not directly or indirectly,
use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message to
anyone. If you have received it in error please advise the sender
immediately by return email and then delete it and all copies from your
system.  Community Bank reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through its networks. Any views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise
and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such
entity.  No contracts may be concluded on behalf of the sender by means of
electronic communications unless expressly stated to the contrary.