[sword-devel] QPSword & Hebrew/Greek Fonts

Jeremy Pointer sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 24 May 2002 07:20:43 +0200

On Thursday 23 May 2002 22:18, Nichols, Lester wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have not had a single problem with the QPSword on the Sharp Zaurus
> SL5000D, but I have not been able to get the packages for the Strong's
> Module to load...It does not see them as valid or available ipkg's...could
> this be a similar issue or aspect?
>
> Lester Nichols
> "Embrace the Virtual Mindshare"
> Network Engineer/Database Administrator/Programmer
> wk: 626.974.1290 fx: 626.974.1287
> nicholsl@computer.org

I had no problems with this (I am using an iPaq 3630 however) but you can
download and unzip the ZIP versions of the modules. I think QPSword stores
the modules in /mnt/ramfs/.sword by default, although in my case I modified
the config and store the modules on /dev/hda/root/.sword which is on a CF
card.

I usually unzip/copy the modules I want on the iPaq inbto a directory on my
desktop and the scp/rsync them to the ipaq.

I haven't had any major problems installing Zaurus ipkg's on my ipaq either so
I don't think there is any difference in their structure, you might try
updating the ipkg program itself, It also occurs to me that perhaps the
download of the ipk may have gone a bit batty.

HTH

Jeremy Pointer
jerm@pointers.co.za
(gotta get that signature set :-))