[sword-devel] Localisation

Jan Paul Schmidt sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 13:35:54 +0200

Hi there,

while doing a german translation for GnomeSword, I stumbled over the
sword library and tried unsuccessfully to understand the localisation
feature of the sword library. Now I have some questions and I hope
someone can answer them and save me some time:

Can sword handle locale strings like de_DE? Under my installation it
looks like it can't.

I'm only getting german book names, when translating them explicitly
with the translate method, even when setting the locale explicitly with
setDefaultLocaleName. Is this a feature or bug? Is this a
misconfiguration on my side?

Or maybe I don't get the API? To me the API looks like it is not
neccessary to explicitly translate the booknames if the locale is set
right.

Thanks for any help in advance :o)

jps