[sword-devel] 1.5.3 call for testing

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 13:40:10 -0800

--Apple-Mail-1--560695032

> I give up. Borland C++ Builder 6 has got my hands tied. :(
> As far as Indy 9 is concerned I agree we shouldn't be using it, the
> interface changes too much right now. But I am not savvy enough to get
> InstallMgr to run using Indy 8. I am tired. I had it all running on
> BCB6 and then something changed and I don't know what but now it won't
> run at all. So someone else need to take InstallMgr cause I just
> can't :(
> David Trotz

I still think we should use Indy 9, I'm just uncomfortable with using
the absolutely latest snapshots.  We just need to pick one snapshot that
works for us and use it.  Then we can update to a non-beta when it is
released and make necessary interface changes then.

Do you think your problem with SWMgr could be related to not having
added SWCacher to your swordlib?  That was the only SWMgr-related change
I had to make.

--Chris

--Apple-Mail-1--560695032

C++ Builder 6 has got my hands tied. :(</smaller></fontfamily>

I agree we shouldn't be using it, the interface changes too much right
now. But I am not savvy enough to get InstallMgr to run using Indy 8.
I am tired. I had it all running on BCB6 and then something changed
and I don't know what but now it won't run at all. So someone else
need to take InstallMgr cause I just can't :(</smaller></fontfamily>

</excerpt>