[sword-devel] SWBasicFilter::addEsccapeSubstitute

Joachim Ansorg sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 11:48:12 +0100

Hi!

> dunno if I'm completely right but I think the problem is the way
> SWBasicFilter::substituteEscapeString works when escStringCaseSensitive
> is set to false (which is the default).
>
> In this case, the EscapeString is converted to uppercase before
> being inserted into escSubMap, but substituteEscapeString doesn't
> do this conversion when checking wether an EscapeString is in that
> map or not.
>
> Same thing for substituteTokens.
>
> The attached patch is an attempt to fix this, so would you like to
> try if the patch solves your problems?

Not yet ;)
It creshes now if the SWBasicFilter methods are called. Thanks for having a
look at this! I found a workaround, which works with HTML render widgets:
	setEscapeStringCaseSensitive(true);
	setPassThruUnknownEscapeString(true);
since the HTML widget renders the esacpe codes for it's own. But it would be
nice if you could fix this.
Without set...CaseSensitive(true) it will crash.

Joachim