[sword-devel] Project Gutenberg Etexts

Martin Gruner sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 18:25:24 +0200

> I was wondering if anyone had an idea as to how easy it would be to make
> the Project Gutenberg Etexts available as sword modules. I was thinking it
> would be nice to convert things like Augustine's City of God and
> Confessions and have them available as general book modules.

Wonderful idea? Are they available for free?
It should be relatively easy, you could write a small perl app using the new
swig code, or somebody creates a new EntryPerLine2Module (epl2mod) utility
for this thing. Would definitely be very nice.
Another, maybe even better, alternative would be to write a backend offering
native support for Gutenberg stuff. Anyone feel like doing this?

Martin