[sword-devel] newbie problem making a module

Daniel Adams - infoChi sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 18:33:15 -0700

I agree with that. Myself, I write Christian Articles in which I use the
Sword project to help me with it. I also help with Sword in some ways.
Granted, I could go page by page through all of the books that I use when I
am writing a paper (Which would be the , but instead, I prefer to use Sword
and other Bible tools that are available because it makes it easier. The
word easier might indicate why people like GUIs better.

In Him,
Daniel Adams - danpadams@infomagic.net
http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~dpa3

  1 Peter 4:10 (NIV)-  Each one should use whatever gift he has received to
serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org
[mailto:owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org]On Behalf Of Daniel Blake
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2002 6:08 PM
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] newbie problem making a module

My last post was decidedly one sided.  I agree completely.  There are some
things that command line tools just do better.

For the normal user the better tool normally doesn't get used.  They don't
care how many extra steps the interface makes them take as long as the trip
to the end result is "smoother" for them.

Daniel Blake

> On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 06:35:18PM -0400, Daniel Blake wrote:
> > I don't understand the mindset that refuses to acknowledge the
usefulness of
> > tools that have a user interface. GUI's are necessary for the average
user
> > to create modules we could all benefit from. There are many people I
know
> > that have knowledge from God that would be beneficial to the rest of us.
> > Most, if not all, of these people would never even consider making a
module
> > using the current method.
> >
> > I think we need to examine who we are creating The Sword Project for.
The
> > module creation tools that exist are GREAT if we want to remain some
Elite

fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us -----------------------------