[sword-devel] newbie problem making a module

Christian Renz sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 02:58:45 +0800

>more to the point, we need a front end module maker for bibles, commentaries
>and lexicons for windows

While your statement is correct, the context is wrong.

Fred is able to use commandline tools, but he is either having
problems with his input files or with his calling syntax.

The real problem is that the error messages are not helpful. And if
the input file is corrupt, the tool is not fault-tolerant enough to
catch the error (or output a helpful message). So if you just take the
commandline tool core and wrap a UI around it, many problems will
still remain.

Greetings,
   Christian

--
crenz@web42.com - http://www.web42.com/crenz/ - http://www.web42.com/

"God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience,
but shouts in our pains; it is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world."
    -- C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain