AW: [sword-devel] Marketing of sword initiative?

Victor Porton sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 19:22:21 +0600

> On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Christian Renz wrote:
> A Chinese character in UTF-8, 3 bytes, represents a word, not an
> alphabetical character, and should be treated as such in any s/w IMO.

Accordingly to this, it seems that we should insert (by a special filter) a zero-width word separator (not sure that I named this Unicode char correctly) between every two Chinese 'letters'. The problem however is that not all browsers used today render this char correctly. Or may be it isn't zero-width?
--
Victor Porton (porton@narod.ru)