[sword-devel] R/w CVS

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:34:18 -0700

>  I respect both.
>
>God bless,

Likewise!

I think it is likely that Victor will find that the message he is trying to
uncover is the one we already have. But, in the process he is going to look
very closely at what to most would seem to be minutia, and he is likely to
find some real insights there that most would miss. Unfortunately, a lot of
his effort will probably produce little that he could not have already
gotten, with a lot less work, through what we already have.

I know someone that likes Panin's NT. Not because it has something
different to say, but, because the same old messages reads well. I think
Panin's ideas were nuts, but at least it kept him in the book and someone
else has a translation he likes to read.

There are going to be others. People with Bible codes, hidden messages and
various linguistic schemes will want to use the computer for their projects
and the SWORD Project is going to attract them. "What is the chaff to the
wheat?" Jer 23:28. I plan to leave them alone. Even if I thought they may
be tares, I would still leave them alone. The neophyte row is a hard row to
hoe. Someone else can have that job.

Jerry